Our Silly Attempt

Friday, August 10, 2012

Scorned Acorns Boycotts Wikipedia (very) Temporarily

- How may we help you today?

"I've a question about a particular set of rules on the popular site 'Wikipedia'?"

- Go ahead sir.

"It has come to my attention that there exists a qualification process for musicians to be recognized and therefore deemed 'worthy' to occupy space on said webpage"

- Is there a question here, sir?

"Why does there exist a qualification process to deem music recognizable and therefore worthy of mention?"

- I am not sure the specifics of that which you inquire.

"http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Article_wizard/Musical_notability"

- Self explanatory, no?

"Enlighten me further"

- Well, it's quite simple. And stated straightforwardly in the link you have posted. Have you read the article in question?

"I have. But my query was, and remains, unanswered"

- The specifics as to why are simple. We cannot afford to convolute our site with stubs and articles referencing artists beyond the scope of common media. 

"Convolute? A bit heavy, no? Am I to understand that an impartial third-party 'encyclopedia' is to justifiably exclude a self-proclaimed >99% of potential musical interest?"

- It's written quite clearly on the page in question, sir. I'm not sure I am able to further assist your badgering inquiry.

"I have but one more question for you."

- Being?

"Why am I talking to myself through both parties in this conversation?"

- You're tired.



Scene.

http://i.imgur.com/RsNcq.gif

1 comment: