Our Silly Attempt

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Scorned Acorns doesn't like Calgary's lack of good pan-asian cuisine.

Ok, so I can head down to Victoria (British Columbia, yeah, the scorns are canadian, what now?) and grab me some FUCKING DELICIOUS pan-asian cuisine for a reasonable price, along with a beer, and listen to cool drum and bass music that appears to put all the cooks in the zone and all the people (the place is always packed) eating in unison while bobbing to the beat and giving off this vibe of the perfect restaurant. Everyone in there is happy, and the food can get as spicy as all of the seven layers of hell combined. The place, by the way, is Noodle Box
Absolutely fantastic, I believe there's one in Vancouver as well.

ANYWAYS, before it seems like the acorns actually are going to be posting some kind of positive post, this has all been preamble for the horror that is Calgary's pan-fry peanut sauce restaurants.
Now, I imagine there must be some good ones out there, but they involve sit-down-ordering-menu-bullshit and the bill is going to come down to at least me breaking a twenty, not including a fucking tip.
Our version of this delicious restaurant is "Wok Box".
Now when this was announced to be opening on our beautiful 17th ave ( a dismal place filled with drunk frat boys which makes up our most 'happenin' street ) I was beyond excited to get this shit. I went in opening weekend, ordered what looked to be the closest thing to my favorite dish at Noodle Box, asked if I could receive it extra spicy, and got this in return, I am also going to have the same conversation with the noodle box cashier before:

Wok girl (16, ponytail, annoyed): Extra Spicy? (confused)
Noodle girl (22, tattoos, groovin on the music): You sure man, that shit can get pretty spicy...

Me: Yes

Wok girl (16, ponytail, turn to cook she clearly has never said more than 3 words to): can that be extra spicy?
Noodle girl (22, hot piercings, tapping her cook on the shoulder, telling a flirty joke and putting the chit up on the bill slide): what's your name? Acorn? ok i'll call you when its done, need a beer?

No need for anymore explanation.

We need this shit. I need this shit. My stomach runneth over with shitty oily peanut black bean dry chicken shit!

You have no idea how poorly i received this dish, i actually haven't been back to wok box since, and that was at least two years ago.

Fucking lordy, give me some NOOOOODS.

-Acorned.

No comments:

Post a Comment