Our Silly Attempt

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Scorned Acorns: Studies have shown we are excellence incarnate

Why does every argument, fact or statement people make seem to have some obscure study proving its validity?
Case in point:



What the fuck does that even mean? Who is conducting these fucking studies, and for what purpose? And who the fuck is sanctioning them? What exactly defines research? Where is the line between a "study" and some dude walking around downtown asking random people a question? Or is that still a "study"?

The definition of study, according to "thefreedictionary.com", as a transitive verb:

1. To apply one's mind purposefully to the acquisition of knowledge or understanding of (a subject).
2. To read carefully.
3. To memorize.
4. To take (a course) at a school.
5. To inquire into; investigate.
6. To examine closely; scrutinize.
7. To give careful thought to; contemplate

I'm still not following. Where do Russian girls and Western men fall into this? I give up, maybe I will come back to this later.

Sidenote:

I enjoyed reading that. Stumbled upon it while attempting to find studies that would support my statements here. None seem to exist. Except for some claim 90% of studies show 90% of studies are false. Onion, where are you in my time of need.
-acorned? Or was I?

No comments:

Post a Comment